Friday 20 July 2007

Badger-Hair-Brush

I just realised that I may accidentally have caused some confusion in my recent post about shaving. The more lynx-eyed and elephant-memoried among you will recall that I mentioned a badger hair brush.

Not soon afterwards, I was asked how one could obtain a badger hair-brush, and I realied the unintentional ambiguity. Let me clarify my meaning once and for all, by putting the hyphen in the right place.

What one needs is a badger-hair brush. Badgers are notoriously fond of their hair-brushes, and not unreasonably, since they do have so much hair. They are therefore loathe to part with them, even when asked nicely.

In fact it is an astonishing fact that a badger hair-brush is very nearly as good (for shaving a human) as is a badger-hair brush. Owing, however, to the difficulty inherent in obtaining one of the former, and their consequent rarity, I would suggest using a badger-hair brush.

No comments: